Nielanell gift card
Give the gift of choice! Let the lucky recipient of a gift card have the pleasure of browsing and choosing a piece for themselves.
Nielanell digital vouchers are redeemable online, or at our studio shop in Hoswick.
Buying a gift card
- You'll receive a receipt by email for your purchase.
- You'll also receive an email with your gift card.
- Gift cards are redeemable in our online store or in the studio shop in Hoswick, Shetland.
- Nielanell gift cards are valid for two years from date of purchase.
- Multiple gift cards can be used against one purchase, if you want to buy several in order to give a particular amount.
- If you're giving a very exact amount, for a particular garment, you might also want to cover shipping.
Sending the gift card to recipient
There are a few ways that you can give the card to its recipient:
- Forward the gift card email that you receive on purchase.
- Copy and paste the link to the unique gift card (& code) into a new email to your recipient.
- Copy and paste the unique gift card code into a new email to your recipient, and send this along with a link to the Nielanell website.
- Print the gift card and give in person/by post.
Redeeming a gift card
- Enter the unique gift card code at checkout, or use the code in the studio shop in Hoswick.
- If you do not use the full value of gift card, the remaining amount can be redeemed against another purchase (within the original 2 year validation period of the card).
- There is no cash alternative to our gift cards.
- It is not possible to use a gift card to purchase further gift cards.
- Multiple gift cards can be used against one purchase.
- Gift cards can be used against shipping costs.
- UK P&P: £8 per order.
- International (EU deliveries currently suspended) P&P: £20 per order.
- Please note: customers outside the UK are responsible for any customs or tax charges applicable within their own country.
- Collection from Nielanell, Hoswick: free of charge (choose this option at checkout).
Suspension of deliveries to the EU
From January 2021
Due to the uncertainty regarding the end of Britain's transition period with the EU, we are now suspending deliveries to countries in the EU. We are so sorry for this inconvenience and will update the information when we have it.
- Most items should be available. If not, we will contact you to tell when the item will be available.
- We aim to send out your order just as soon as possible and within a week of ordering (at the moment we are shipping once a week). If you need an item sent immediately, just let us know and we will be delighted to try to help you.
- We send out UK items using Royal Mail, items over a value of £100 will be sent by way of special delivery. This is a signed for, insured service.
- Please note, you can also choose to collect your order from Nielanell, Hoswick, using the click-and-collect option. This option is not available during holiday periods.
Nielanell knitwear is designed to last
Here are a few recommendations to help ensure your garment lives a long and happy life:
- Less is more when it comes to washing, many people find quality knitwear can be worn without washing for a long time (feel free to use our advice as a reason to do less laundry!).
- Handwashing your garment is recommended.
- We suggest that you hand-wash your garment using liquid for woollens, or flakes at 30 degrees or less. Harsh detergents are likely to ruin your knitwear.
- You may wish to wash in the machine on a very gentle hand-wash wool cycle at 30 degrees or less, using a small quantity of detergent specifically designed for delicate/wool items—but you need to ensure your washing machine uses a very gentle cycle. You must be confident in using your washing machine for woollens. We will not be responsible for items which shrink or felt by inappropriate machine washing or are damaged through use of regular detergents.
- Do not wring.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Dry flat on a rack or in the fresh air, and steam/press very lightly*.
- Alternatively, you can dry clean the garment.
*Don’t iron Rigg pieces. We also recommend that you do not stretch out the textile when drying. Lie the piece flat, but with a bit of a crumple to allow for the natural spring in the fabric to contract. No need to steam or press.
Each piece of Nielanell knitwear is individually knitted by local manufacturers here in Shetland, and then finished by hand in-house.
Many of our collections are made in very small edition colourways, with a constantly changing selection.
If you’re looking for something in particular, that you can’t see on the website, please do get in touch—we often have more colourways in stock that don’t make it onto the website!
NB Please treat garment measurements as approximate, knitwear can be difficult to measure and each item will differ slightly.